Wednesday 9 January 2013

1st Post of 2013 :)

Hi guys!

Time to add another bit of ramblings from my crazy head to this thing.

OK... so, as you know I did not go out on New Years Eve. I did however go out on New Years Day. Oh Lord.

Now I don't go out that often and I rarely drink that much. Bring on day 1 of 2013 and I got to remember why I do not drink that much!

Went out with my friend at 5pm. Had intended on wearing just jeans and a top but she rings and says to wear a dress as we are staying out! Now I knew what this would mean lol. So I got glammed up, little black dress, smokey eyes, surfer girl hair - the works :-) (was actually fun to dress up for a random unplanned night out!) Went to her house and she looked great and we started on the champagne straight away. Headed out to pub and then another pub and then a club. Got home at 5.30am.

During the night out I became painfully aware of how crazy it is to be single and out on the town! The big Phil Taylor darts match was on so there were blokes everywhere. I was gutted that Phil Taylor won btw. I don't like him or his 'showmanship'. I think he is a terrible loser in public and that sends out a bad message to youngsters.. also the Arsenal match was on that day and I find it impossible not to mention the words 'footballing reasons' to them. *football fans will understand this* - I support Man Utd.

Anywho (ill leave sports talk for another blog... god help ya when its rugby I am ranting on about!), as it always seems to happen when I am out and there is sports on I end up getting involved in the banter with random people, usually men. So every time my friend went out for a smoke I would be glued to the TV, ended up talking to a group of lads. Having a great laugh and the craic was mighty. We went on to the next pub. Kept my back to the TV as I know my friend has no interest in sport! (oh - my friend is married so it was purely a girls night!) - we had a great laugh. Ended up sitting with a guy her husband knows and his Dad. The guy seemed nice but his 70+ old Dad was deadly! He was in the American Navy and told me a good few stories - loved it! He compared me to one of the singers that used to come to camp to entertain the troops! ha ha- I told him that he never heard me sing! -(think glass shattering everywhere)

Then we went to the club. My God.

Ended up giving out 3 fake numbers and I did kiss a guy but honestly that was the drink. He said something about Leinster Rugby and I kissed him. Didn't even fancy him lol - spent ages dancing and got a few lads approaching me which was strangely a good feeling. Turns out I enjoyed the attention! I gave out a few dance lessons too... good auld classics like 'The Funky Chicken', 'Stacking Shelves', 'Decking Cards'.... there are so many! - none of that apple bottom jeans business. Although I can do that rather well lol.. I prefer the dodgy classics.

The lads that I had the banter with in the other pub were there too and I really did start to feel like a piece of meat after a while so I retreated back to the bar. My friend found the whole thing hilarious.

My gosh - its like I just vomited out what was on my mind about that night there.... I promise that I will get used to this blogging business!

Anyway - Finally got home (went back to my friends house first and watched a John Bishop show while eating McDonalds... nearly wet myself laughing)... got home.... somehow managed to have a shower to wash the tan off... lay on my bed naked and woke up that way shivering 3 hours later. I literally just conked out! Climbed into the duvet about 8.30ish and did not/could not move till 1pm!

So that was my night out. I know it seems uneventful but I don't get many nights out so I went into detail there! lol

In other news - I am still talking to Dream guy of course. Things are extremely casual between us. Nothing to report.

I got a message on facebook out of the blue from a guy I was flirting with after my marriage broke down. We will call this 'kinky guy'.. as he is extremely kinky and in the drama of the marriage ending I flirted back... but in a kinky way. I mean the texts that were exchanged were mental! lol - stopped texting him well over a year ago and now he is back in touch and wants to start where we finished. This will only lead to trouble so I will avoid him.

Then 'Muscle Guy' (this is the guy who introduced me to 'Dream Guy') - I have known this guy a very long time. He now detests Dream Guy as I broke down in front of him as I am still heartbroken over him. Muscle Guy thinks that Dream Guy is a bit of a con man and that I can do far better than him. He will not even talk to Dream Guy anymore. Anyway, turns out Muscle Guy is attracted to me and has started texting me a lot of things... including telling me about dreams that he has had about me and 'how good it would be to play out those dreams'. Now Muscle Guy is attractive and in a moment of weakness I may have entertained him by texting back a few naughty things but I regretted it... told him that we couldn't go there as we are friends.. I just do not find him attractive in that way!

All this is getting me thinking.... why is it that I am being perceived as some sort of sex thing for guys. Nobody (except partners) knows about my 'sex' side lol. I dress casual, never slutty. I rarely wear make up and am more likely to be found messing around a pitch with my sons than beautifying myself!

Yet any guy that is showing interest seems to think it is ok to just go straight into the filthy talk and they think it is ok to bypass normal etiquette of dating. Am I insane? Is it wrong to not want to ever sleep with someone on a first date? Is it terrible to want to get to know someone before you give your body to them? (my views literally ended up in an argument with a fireman my friend gave my number to!)

Gosh - I dont know. - oh and another thing - two girls approached me accusing me of flirting with their boyfriends. I WAS TALKING SPORT WITH THEM. jaysus. this does happen at times though. I still maintain that jealous women are dangerous.

So I am trying to work out if I am sending off some sort of vibe. I really do not mean to as I only want to dance, have the banter and laugh on a night out. If I fancy someone and they do not have a girlfriend then they will damn well know I am flirting with them. lol

Nah, I am not sending out a vibe. People sometimes just don't understand tomboy girls. ha ha - we are a strange breed! (especially when we are not lesbian!)

I am not dealing well with this whole 'no regular sex' thing, this is going to take adjustment. God help whoever is my next partner. ha ha


- well that is it for this blog. Not even gonna read it back before I post it. I am still new to this so hopefully I will get more structure to them but for now I am rolling with whatever comes to mind, as it comes to mind. Thinking before I speak is not a strong point of mine!

My life is confusing the crap out of me these days lol.

Next time I will dedicate more thought into what post I put up! Just tired after a long, fun day with the boys. This single mother thing is full on! Their Dad is a waste of space really so its just me. I cannot wait to get back to work properly. I actually have an appointment with a career place tomorrow. Will let ye know how it goes.

Laters x

ps... thank you to Single_Man_75 for mentioning my blog in his blog. His blog is deadly. I really enjoy reading it and it is the inspiration behind mine! Thank you :-) http://thelifeofasingleman.blogspot.ie

No comments:

Post a Comment