Tuesday 22 January 2013

Decisions Decisions

Hi Guys,

Well it has been a pretty quiet start to the new year so far. I have started to look into employment prospects and have been to meetings with career guidance folk.

Ideally I would like to go back to college to study PE Teaching with Biology. I have been in touch with the University and even submitted an application but on thinking it through further - a four year full time course is just not going to be possible for me at the moment. Just do not have a sufficient support network around me to help with my three sons. Anyway - they are my sons and their welfare is down to me. My ambition can wait a little bit longer.

Other than that I have decided to look for a part time position in an administrative role somewhere - this is where the wealth of my experience lies and if I get lucky I may even get a position in a sports organisation. lol

I would completely recommend career guidance help as it did help me focus on what I want, how to get it and also and most importantly - what is realistic.

A whole heap of categories came up that I would be able to go for so I have decided to take the next 12 months to work part time and focus on my sons and especially my eldest sons sports commitments. They are priority number 1. (might throw in the odd night course if I can too)

I will be re-evaluating again in 2014... or sooner... who knows what life will throw at us!!

In other news - I am still talking to Dream Guy. I seem to be unable to let him go at the moment. I do know that I will not be able to move on until I do but at the moment I am not in any position to move on at all. The boys barely see their father once a month so I simply do not have time to be starting up new relationships or even go on dates... men are so time consuming!! - Hopefully I will have my parents near me soon.. this will increase the amount of babysitting I get and hence I will be able to get some sort of social life back on track!!  My first point of call will be getting myself back to the gym and training though. Cannot wait for that!

Have to decide weather to get back into Boxing, Martial Arts, Football or Gaelic Football... these are all sports that I play. I must say that the Boxing was incredible fun so it may well be that. I was at a teaching level in martial arts so if I get fully back into that then it may become time consuming. I just need something that I can do for fun and fitness right now!

My sons enjoy their 'Power Ranger' training at home. That is all the teaching I need to do for now. (I am naturally the Pink Ranger. We also have Red, Blue and White Rangers :-)).

I am getting on well in the first aid organisation I am with too. Will be getting to cover more high profile events soon so I am really looking forward to that!

Priorities right now are:

1: The Boys (that'll never change)
2: Get a part time job
3: Get back to optimum fitness (by having fun!)

That'll do!

Laters x



No comments:

Post a Comment